Sunday 30 August 2009

Day -1

Went to Normandy to stay with some friends, and hauled the new Condor Squadra across Paris and onto various trains to try it out. A couple of short runs around the hills confirmed that the bike would not be the weak element in the week to come.

Back to work for what turned out to be a very busy week, with several evening commitments on top; then. My colleague (who has a car) kindly took delivery of my bike and kit bag for the drop off on the van on Thurs, then, on Friday, received a text with some bad news. Swine Flu had struck. Tamiflu issued. I was on my own.

Before I left work, I had a meeting with one of the collection heads, which turned into a short seminar on the epidemiology of swine flu... Then an evening of final packing, some Mulebars from Condor (timed badly to coincide with the packed Rapha sale), and trying to tidy up the flat for those who would be staying in my absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment